A COMMITMENT TO THE LORD
What is it?
Dedicating children to God is a public commitment you make before God, your church, and your family to express your desire to lead and spiritually nurture the growth and development of a child. Christian parents who dedicate a child are making a promise to the Lord to do everything within their power to raise the child in a godly way, prayerfully until he or she can make a decision on his or her own to follow God.
Some Things to Think About:
We ask parents to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
We ask parents to be in agreement with the basics of what we believe.
We ask parents to be regular attenders of our worship services.
We ask parents who are living together and who are not married to take steps to acknowledge and surrender to God’s plan for their relationship before participating in a child dedication service.
What Can I expect during the ceremony?
During the dedication service, parents express vows before God, their family, and the church, declaring their desire to raise their child in a God-honoring way.
Parent(s) are making the following commitments:
• Do you receive this child with gratitude, as God’s gift to you and your family?
• Do you commit to each other as parent(s), creating a stable environment in which your child can mature? If married, will you make a covenant to strengthen your marriage relationship?
• Do you commit to be parent(s) of personal faith, recognizing your children are more likely to follow God’s path by the model they first observe in you?
• Do you commit to lead a faith-filled home that honors God in all your relationships and in the choices you make in spiritually growing your family?
• Do you commit to be parent(s) with patience, recognizing that with your inherent strengths and weaknesses, your desire to shape your child is a loving act that will require time, prayer, and God in
order to produce in your children what He and you hope for? Interested in dedicating your child?
How can I dedicate my child?
Fill out the the form at the link below and one of the pastors will contact you as to the next steps! Also, upload a picture of your child titled "firstname_lastname" to be used on the slide for their dedication.